Well if you here are then you want to know the list of formal NNPC GMD and also the present GMD of NNPC. But before we get into that, let’s know what NNPC is all about.
The full meaning of NNPC is The Nigerian Petroleum Corporation (NNPC). NNPC is the Oil Corporation through which the Federal Government of Nigeria regulates and participates in the country’s petroleum industry.
Read More: List of Indigenous tribes in Africa
NNPC is headed by the General Managing Director. The GMD of NNPC is usually appointed by the president of Nigeria.
Now let’s know the formal NNPC GMD and the present GMD of NNPC.
MANAGING DIRECTORS NNPC TILL DATE
- Chief R. A. Marinho July 1977 – April 1980
- Chief Odiligi Lolomari Apr. 1980 – Aug. 1981
- Mr. Lawrence Amu Oct 1981 – Nov. 1985
- Mr. Aret Adams Nov. 1985 – Apr. 1990
- Dr. Thomas John Apr. 1990 – Jun 1990
- Mr. Edmund Daukoru Jun. 1992 – Oct. 1993
- Chief Chamberlin Oyibo Nov. 1993 – Aug 1995
- Alh. Dalhatu Bayero Aug. 1995 – May 1999
- Dr. Jackson Gaius Obaseki May 1999 – Nov. 2003
- Prof. Funsho Kupolokun Nov. 2003 – Sept. 2007
- Abubakar Yar’Adua Sept. 2007 – Jan 2009
- Mihammed Sanusi Bakindo Jan. 2009 – 2010
- Shenu LAdan Apr. 2010 – 2010
- Augustine O. Oniwon 2010- June 26, 2012
- Mr. Andrew Yakubu
- Ibe Kachukwu July 2015 – August 2016
- Dr. Maikanti Baru August 2016 – June 2019
- Mr. Mele Kolo Kyari June 20, 2019 – Present
Well that will be all about the list of formal GMD of NNPC and also the present GMD.
Do you find Fivekaycooded useful? Follow us social media to get more entertaining update.